TurnItIn Feedback Studio (TFS)
TurnItIn Feedback Studio (TFS) was introduced in Semester 1 2023/24 as a replacement for the UoY Anonymous Assignment Tool, which was reaching "end of life". This page covers links to guidance for different types of user, such as students, adminstrators and markers. Training around the use of TFS is also available for staff - See "Further Help" below.
Overview / Introduction
TurnItIn Feedback Studio (accessed via the VLE) will be used to collect student submissions, and for the entry and return of feedback to students, for the majority of assessments taking place across the University in the 2023/24 academic year.
Other tools are available, as detailed on our eAssessment hub page.
Below is a video overview of TurnItIn Feedback Studio, if you prefer you can open the overview video in another tab using this link.
Important - Before You Begin
Ensure that you are up to date with our "Important Things to Know" around assessment before using assignment submission points on the VLE.
Student guides are hosted on our student support webpages, but for staff reference here are our key resources for students around TFS:
- Overview: Submitting Assignments on the Learn VLE - includes troubleshooting, FAQs and more
- Submission Issue Troubleshooting & Solutions
- Detailed Guidance on Submitting to TFS.
Below is a video for students on how to submit to TurnItIn Feedback Studio, if you prefer you can open the "how to submit" student video in another tab using this link.
- Setting up a TFS submission point for formative assessments
- Setting up a TFS submission point for summative assessments
- Creating, importing and exporting grading forms or rubrics
- Setting up Groups to manage extensions, flagging and multiple markers (note: this can also be acheived via the Assessment Tracker, detailed further down this page)
The Assessment Tracker (summatives only):
To assist with the oversight and management of large cohort summative assessments, the Assessment Tracker has been created.
- Overview and aims of the Tracker
- Setting up the Tracker workbook
- Using the Tracker to
- Clearing a student’s submission
- Uploading a submission on behalf of a student
- Identifying students who haven’t made a submission using the VLE’s Gradebook.
- Converting a student's "non-searchable"/"non-selectable" PDF into a version that can be run through TurnItIn
- How Leave of Absence (LoA) can impact assignment submission and marking.
- Exporting the current state of a TurnItIn submission point’s Assignment Inbox as a spreadsheet
- Making assessment material handled by TurnItIn Feedback Studio available to external markers.
Guidance for markers is available in video and written format:
- Written Guides:
- Marking - Creating Accessible Feedback in Turnitin
- Marking - Accessing a TurnItIn submission point, viewing the Assignment Inbox and selecting work to mark
- Marking - TurnItIn Feedback Studio's interface
- Marking - Providing feedback and a mark with TurnItIn Feedback Studio
- Marking - Using a screenshot reader to help with marking in TurnItIn Feedback Studio
- Marking - Bulk Downloading Submissions
- Videos Guides: Marker YouTube Playlist (also available on Panopto if preferred).
We also have a Turnitin marker support group, which run drop-in sessions if you need further marker related help and guidance. You can see further information here.
- Using the Moderator Pack - Written Guide.
- Video Guides: