Enrol a user
Users can be manually enrolled on a Learn Ultra course or organisation.
Quick Start Guide
- Under the Details & Actions menu, select Class register/View everyone on your course.
- Click the plus icon in the top right.
- Search for the user to enrol, using their username (abc123), email, first name or last name.
- Click the small plus icon next to their name.
- The default role is Student. If you'd like to give the user a different role, select it from the drop-down list. Various roles are available, important: do not use the "Guest" role for individual users - Learn more about Course Roles here.
- Click Save.
The user will be able to see and access your course straight away from their Learn Ultra homepage.
Students are enrolled on sites automatically through the SITS module code, so you are unlikley to need to enrol students manually.
More Details and Troubleshooting
The error "No results found. Check the spelling and try again." can mean a few things:
- There's an error in the search term; check and try again.
- The user is already enrolled on your site and able to access it. Check by searching for them in the class register, using the magnifying glass button in the top right.
- The user may have been enrolled on the course in the past but then been removed; this blocks them from being re-enrolled, please contact us at email@example.com and we can re-enrol them for you.
A Note About The "Course Staff" Pane
By default, instructors are listed in the module under the 'Course staff' header in alphabetical order. To ensure that the module leader or core teaching team members are displayed first, you can allocate 'primary instructor' status to one or more instructors using the steps below.
- Select the 'View everyone on your course' link under the 'Class register' item in the 'Details & Actions' menu.
- Find the instructor in the list to whom you would like to allocate primary instructor status and click on 'Edit member information' from the contextual menu link alongside their name.
- Select the 'Primary instructor checkbox and 'Save'.
Primary instructors will be moved to the top of the course staff list, and the rest will be moved out of site.