Content can be set as visible to students or hidden from students.
Relevant VLE site design principles
- 5.1 Recommended: Ensure that students can see and access module materials and content.
Quick Start Guide
Items in the Course Content area can be set to Visible to students or Hidden from students. By default, all new items are automatically hidden from students.
- Hover over the current visibility status (e.g. Hidden from students) of the content item whose visibility you want to change, then click the arrow.
- Click on the required visibility option.
- Click on the three dots icon to the right of the Course Content heading.
- Select Batch Edit.
- Select the content items whose visibility you want to change by clicking the checkboxes.
- Click Options in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Click Edit visibility.
- Select the required visibility state, e.g. Hidden from students.
- Click Save visibility.
It is important to check that all the correct content items are visible or hidden before students are enrolled on the course. To check, click on Student Preview in the top right corner of the page.
More Details and Troubleshooting
It is possible to set items to become visible to or hidden from students based on certain conditions, e.g. date and time. For more information on this, please see the Release Conditions guide.