Each Ultra site has an optional course image that displays as a banner above the Course Content area and as a thumbnail in the Courses section of the VLE homepage.
Relevant VLE site design principles
- 2.3 Essential: Design and images adhere to the UoY brand.
Quick Start Guide
Video: Course images in Ultra
Course images need to be at least 1200 × 240 pixels.
To set up your Ultra site's Course Image:
- Open your Ultra site and click Edit display settings under Course Image in the left hand menu.
- Click Upload new image.
- Select the desired image from the browser.
- Position the image as required, adjusting the zoom if necessary.
- Click Done.
- Ensure that the Course Image toggle is set to the On position.
- Add a description of the image to the Image description box.
- Click Save.
Any content that needs to be always visible should be restricted to a 550 × 150 pixel area in the centre of the image, regardless of overall image size - see template below.
You can download this template as a PNG file by right clicking on the image and clicking Save image as.
If you want to use a course image larger than 1200 × 240 pixels, maintain the same 5:1 aspect ratio.
You must not use copyrighted material when creating your site’s course image.
Images should be high quality; preferably taken by a professional photographer. You can use the University’s photo library to download professional photographs owned by the University.
You can also use Unsplash.com to source copyright-free images.
Download images at a resolution that meets the minimum requirements for Ultra. The Web Image gallery size on the University's photo library meets these requirements.